
After a second night at Le Moulin Fort we left to visit the chateau and gardens at Chaumont.

We went over the bridge and through Chenonceau.

Stopped at the Super U in Montrichard to stock up on food.

I couldn't resist also calling by the campsite, called L'Etourneau, in Montrichard to see if it had closed for the end of season. It hadn't yet.

I love this campsite on the banks of the Cher. We'd stayed here for 8 nights in September 2009 which is probably a record for us. We were on holiday with Bob and Liz who had rented a house nearby for two weeks so we'd probably have stayed on longer if the site hadn't closed on 12th Sept that year. At which point we moved along to L'Ecluse at Chenonceau.
John and I (this is Chris of course) had also rented a house in Montrichard for a week in 2005, so we know the area quite well and have visited lots of chateaux from here. In 2009, very late in the day on the way back from Amboise, we visited the gardens at Chaumont but had had no time to look at the chateau itself. We thought we'd rectify that today.
1 comment:
The best ham sandwich I ever ate was in a bar at Selles-sur-Cher. It was a Monday, and the walls of the bar were full of trophy pike heads…
Post a Comment