Sunday, 25 September 2011

More Than Monet

After lunch back at the van we returned to the village to visit the Museum of Impressionism


Outside the museum there are a series of hedged gardens
This one consisted of a carpet of lavender.
I found the simple lines and colours of the hedges and trees
easier to photograph than the beds of flowers
though this bed was impressive in its bold blocks of colour.
John had a go at flower photographs. I hope he blogs some later.
We next wandered through the village and went into this gallery, where there were a few paintings we'd have liked if we had the money.
The next bit of serendipity was coming across

Similar to a steam fair but actually all sorts of old motorised bits of equipment, mostly agricultural,
in a pré, or meadow.
Music completed the atmosphere and when I learn how to do it I might blog a video.
John was very taken with the oil can exhibits
and I liked the ?art deco influenced tractor.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Yeah, because Johnny has a KKK oil can rather like the one in the upper left quadrant of your photo, Chris. It was my father's oil can when he worked at Electromaint Ltd. 67, Lees Rd. Oldham (tel. MAIn 6230), so there. And where I lived in mum's bed sit until I was erm 1 I think.