Friday, 2 September 2011

Branceilles

After a morning in Meyssac we went the 7 kilometres to Branceilles where I used to have a holiday home. It has been extensively renovated, but many of the featurettes for which I am responsible are still visible. The field opposite is now a garden and there is an IBC to collect the rain water off of the barn roof - all of which is most excellent. However the three-pane trad windows have gone and there are new metalic fittings in the rez-de-chausser and kitchen where oak fenestration used to be. Above is not my old house but one I admired muchly, right next to a church clock that sounds the quarters and hours (twice) day and night in case you forget.


Up this lane is my old house. There was a mec on the steps, lurking, so I didn't chance a photo any nearer.
And above is our old neighbour in a house which now looks very run down.

No comments: