Monday, 19 September 2011

Dordogne Hail!

On our second full day at this site, 1st September, we walked in the other direction along the banks of the Dordogne.
It was ideal for the continuing hot weather. Lots of shade and dappled sunlight.
and views of the river.
We came across a 'health course'. Various wooden structures designed for swinging on, riding mountain bikes over, and doing exercises with. I don't know why I don't have more photos of them.
I think these were the only two other people we saw that morning.
Across the river we see the hamlet of Mezels
The boats, like the wooden assault course, were all associated with the Canoe centre near the campsite.

http://www.canoe-france.com/en/dordogne/index.html

Back at the campsite in the afternoon the weather changed.
We wound in the awning, brought the washing, table, and chairs in and waited for the storm.
Hail battered on the roof and skylight.
Then we looked out the back window and saw the white carpet of hailstones.
It was all over very quickly, but I couldn't believe the size!

No comments: