
So the next day we did go to see Wallie. We took a train to Waterloo East, had lunch in a 'mediterranean' cafe opposite County Hall.

Then we found St Thomas's and got in to see Wallie just at the start of visiting time. Staff seemed to be looking after him well but I'm glad to hear he's out now.
St Thomas's also wasn't the hospital I used to be familiar with. (h onestly, I wasn't really a sickly child). It was new and seemed to be in a different place.

I certainly don't remember it having this view.

Or being just over the road from County Hall - to which, like Westminster Bridge, I'm very attached. I had my first job interview here, for what was then the London County Council. Can't quite come to terms with it being in private ownership.

London is now for me such a strange mixture of the familiar and the unfamiliar.

We took a walk along the south bank

towards Waterloo Bridge

We had a coffee outside the Hayward Gallery and then went in and saw some paintings by John Cage.

Then we walked back to Waterloo and joined the commuters.
2 comments:
It's worth pointing out that Cage is more noted as a composer than an artist and when you see his art work you know why. Though when I hear his music I'm not so sure and so much prefer his piece 15 minutes of silence which I wish could go on for several hours. Anyway there were loads of student type hanging around the Haywood listening to this stuff. Strange place and very expensive.
I'm not sure it was as long as 15 minutes? Maybe it just seemed it. Chris
Post a Comment