On the day we arrived at Les Couleurs du Monde in Faverolles-sur-Cher we walked straight into Montrichard, a distance of some 1.1 km over three bridges. This is our third visit to the town and our second campsite. We needed to see all our old haunts.
It was Monday clothes market so I bought a paper hat. Behind the market used to be the Stalinist-brutalist architecture of a further ed. building. This has now given-way to a handsome carpark.We progressed to the demi-mode of fashion on the high street which immediately brought to mind a scene between René Zellweger and Hugh Grant in Bridget Jones's Diary. Chris said this shop was a good example of French provincial realism and I thought it the worst bit of window dressing I'd seen since Commercial House closed in Hebden Bridge.
The municipal campsite at which we first stayed is about 1.1 km out of town and the highway opposite the street to that site has a cement works.
But is by the Cher.
So back into town for coffee in the town hall square.






1 comment:
Reuben and I had the best ham sandwiches ever one Monday in Selles-sur-Cher when everything was closed, in a bar decorated with trophy pike heads by the river. The bar had run out of bread, but Madame jumped into her 2cv and rushed off to get some, to make our wonderful sandwiches…
Post a Comment