
Friends Jan & Jan are involved in organising a Potato Day at this time each year. Lots of varieties of seed potatoes are on sale and they also do refreshments which include various potato recipes. Last year Jan asked me to bake some potato bread. I don't know why she asked me because I'm not known for my baking and I'd never heard of potato bread. However, we do have a breadmaker, which can be set just to make dough, some bread recipe books and all the resources of Google, so I made a loaf and gave it to Jan.
It was apparently successful (though we didn't go, so didn't sample it) and Jan wished I had made more. This year she asked me in advance so I could fit in more than one baking session. My first attempt produced 6 rolls and a small loaf, they didn't look brilliant so we tried the rolls ... and ate them all. The loaf was put in the freezer to 'try' later. I adjusted the recipe and the photo shows the first two loaves to pass on to Jan. I'll bake some more tomorrow.
(Chris)
No comments:
Post a Comment