Dan, Harriet, Maeve and Dorelia arrived on Saturday morning (at 2 am). On Sunday we went to Salts Mill in Saltaire, Bradford. Rum place: paternalistic textile mill re-born as sales outlet for over-priced middle-class status consumables in trendy art styling. But I rather like it. Go to this link for loads of pix of Salt's Till
Maeve buys pencil crayons and a pad at Salts. Sketching starts immediately and doesn't really stop.
Cork Street artist Harriet Barber explains to Chris which brushes she must purchase to improve her work. Being Salt's Till, no brush is less than a tenner and there's even an ironing board for £206.
Dory also has a sketch book and bags of pencil-crayon things.
The girls continue sketching under the beds. It's conceptual. You had to be there.
Dory finished her latest jig-saw with some assistance from her artist mother Harriet and worn-out step-grandfather Johnny.
All the step-grandchildren met up on the Saturday.
Our corner of a converted textile mill.
Nana bought Dory and Maeve this finger puppet set: Dali, Kahlo, van Gogh and Monet. What a weird collection! Nana passed on the anatomically correct set of psycho-analysts.
And then they were off to Ludlow to deliver a huge canvas to a competitive exhibition.

1 comment:
We had a wonderful time. It just went too quickly as usual.
It is only now that I realise that I was completely surrounded by artists for the weekend. And I include John in that number for his fabulous blogging prose style!
Dan x
Post a Comment