We arose early this Saturday morning cheered by the thought of five more years of Mr. Cameron leading us to prosperity and unity. So off we set for the Saturday market in Bayeux. It was wonderful. Shopping is always fun when motorhoming and no-one is better than Christine at provisioning. She used her French and her euros to dramatic effect.
Masses of cheese, vegetables, bread, a string bag, finest meats of all kinds were purchased for ready money and brought back to the motorhome for consumption later.
We went again into town after luncheon, I'm not quite sure why, but the weather was not very nice. We followed the Tourist Office Official Old Houses Route and this time it took us through not only more car parks but a lovely river side walk by the Aure. You will be thankful that I did not take the D300 to record the passing scene, however I wish I had. Because we followed the balade (walking route) along the Aure out of the town centre towards the campsite. It was a most lovely way of returning to the campsite and was also shorter than the road route. Interestingly, no French cars were even trying to drive along the narrow track so beautifully landscaped by municipal gardeners with their gold-plated pension schemes, so envied by Mr. Cameron.
Along this route we also found a newish motorhome aire that would take about 10 vehicles. It's located between Bayeux and St Vigor le Grand (which Chris referred to as St Vigor the Bigger). It appears little used. Very odd considering the pressure on parking in the centre of Bayeux.
I was put on line this evening by a very helpful Netherland woman who managed to understand the dreadful campsite login routine. Hence I've been able to post these posts and answer a few emails. Must look at my bank account ...





No comments:
Post a Comment