Sunday, 11 November 2012

French Holiday

Chris has blogged the last French trip chronologically. I'm doing it thematically.

So we'll start with 'Buildings'.
Laters I'll do 'doors and stairs'; 'chairs'; 'street scenes'; 'greenery' ...
I'm modelling this on the 1920s BBC wireless talks of captain Toft ( for example, 'Adhesives') which are said to have bored half the listeners to death.

 Nancy


 Nancy

Nancy, Museé d'école de Nancy. Formerly the home of the wealthy Alsace entrepreneur Masson.

View over Provins showing its curious abbey church that was never finished - it has a very short nave. Below is a wooden house in Provins.

 In Paris we stayed at the campsite in Maisons Laffitte. Below is the square at the railway station, but showing the towns grand Parisian apartments, with nice little shops along the streets. Very bourgeois.
 A basilica off Etoile on the route down to the Seine.
 The most photographed piece of cast iron in the whole world.
 St Germain. There'll be more of this under 'street life' or 'cafe scenes'.

Ending at the great left door at the west end of Notre Dame.

No comments: