Monday, 19 November 2012

3 The Tartiflette, 4 The AirRam, 5 The Tarts, 6 The Haircuts, 7 The Appointment



We brought home a Reblochon cheese.


So we made a tartiflette


We invited Lynne round to share it, but as she's veggie we had to make a separate one with a bacon substitute which she supplied.


Our vacuum cleaner had been developing problems and eventually stopped working.  It was our second Oreck and although I'd always loved it for its lightness we were reluctant to get a third as we'd had the first one repaired, then when it stopped again we'd bought the second.  This was now the third time we'd had switch/wiring faults with them, so it was time to look for something else.

Google took us to the AirRam.  I was dubious at first about a cordless vac, but the Amazon reviews convinced me.   We actually bought it from Lakeland because I like their no quibble customer services and it was worth paying a few pence more.

The AirRam is great, just as the reviews say.  It makes the Oreck, which we still might try to get repaired, seem heavy in comparison.


Esmé came for a sleepover


and made some jam tarts.


John and I both needed haircuts .  He was first for the chop.


I had my hospital appointment with Mr Aguirre.  The short version is the left eye is doing fine, drops reduced to one a day, see him in four months.  He will be referring me to King's College Hospital in London to have the right eye done.  The longer version requires a separate blog posting which I might get round to.

No comments: