Sunday, 25 November 2012

Autumn


To me this autumn has been spectacular.  I kept mentioning to John how colourful it is and speculating about it whether it is the result of a wet summer.  John didn't seem to think it has been better than usual.  Eventually I realised it all looks so bright and colourful to me because it's the first autumn for years that I've seen through a clear eye.  Somehow, over the summer, I'd got used to seeing things more brightly (at least through my left eye) since my graft in May, and was beginning to take it for granted.   Then we came home from France and there was the new range of autumn colour around, often lit with the low sun.  It took me a while to understand that it's usually like this but now I can see it.


These photos were mostly taken on our walks along the towpath or in our garden



I've been impressed with the range of colour in our garden in October.  OK, that large tree, top centre, isn't actually in the garden, but its greeny orange makes a good backdrop for the red leaved Cornus Kousa and blue black Sambuca in front of it.  In front of them is the yellowy green Holly as well as the smaller orangey pink Cornus and the pinky red Persicaria.   Sorry, I can't help going on about it.




The same range of foliage colour, except the large tree has now lost its leaves.


Gorgeous pinks, purples, yellows, oranges, greens, along the canal bank.








No comments: