Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Since New Year

On 7th Jan we set off to drive south to spend time with Denise & Roy and Kathy & David, but snow and fog on the M62, plus the fact that I (Chris) was still not well with flu-like symptoms meant we thought better of it and turned back at the Brighouse junction. Once off the height of the motorway the fog wasn't so bad but we think we still made the right decision as I continued coughing and shivering.
We're used to ducks on the canal but we haven't seen them in the garden before now. This one was eating wild bird seed from a ground feeder in the middle of the garden. It then made its way down to the decking.
Once on the decking I watched the duck wander up and down in the far right corner looking for a way back to the water. Eventually I asked John to go down and usher it along to the open end at the left. When it saw John though it hurriedly squeezed itself through the railings.
Honey and Lemon: I've been drinking a lot of this lately. I still have a cough but energy levels are rising now. (Chris)

No comments: