


Sophie-Anna, Sarah and Christian called round this afternoon. Chris was in a giving mood. Sophie-Anna could not believe her luck at the nice things in this never-to-be-repeated offer, which seemed to go on for more than several minutes. Sophie-Anna was rather taken with hats and in particular this trilby by Lock & Co Hatters of St James's St (est. 1759). I bought this in 1989 when going with Gill (my first wife) to a meeting with the director of social services for Wiltshsire, I think. We were studying the impact of the then brand new Social Fund and wanted his agreement to take part in our survey. We met in the RAC club Pall Mall amidst art deco bathing splendor.Sophie-Anna just wants a hat. Suits her too. Have to see what can be done.
She was prepared to have a go with my old Sony mini disk recorder, which is more than I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment