Sunday, 8 July 2012

After The Floods in Hebden

Kathy and David are still here. They leave Monday on the 10.48 a.m. Kathy wanted to shop at Ruby Shoesday in Hebden Bridge; Chris wanted to visit the open studio event of our friends Don Myers and Monica. We like his work. Hebden is 'cleaning up' after the floods. I wonder if the above caf sets anything near the right tone. Reminds me remotely of 'The Stalingrad Bar' in Reims.
Anyway this is what 'cleaning up' looks like on Market Street. Prince Charles has visited, so I guess it's supposed to be alright now. Several closed shops need to be totally refitted. This is the organic food shop. Booths furnishings and Elements jewellers are pretty classy places and both closed; Booths for good.


This notice in the jewellers tells the sorry tale.

On the other side of the street is the same tale.


Ruby Shoesday has a notice to similar effect. Kathy didn't find anything. I bought some clothes in the sale at Hebden's Rohan shop.


No comments: