
Two weeks ago, the scene at Lightbank Lock. The snow was pure white, deep and crisp and even. The right kind of snow.

A week ago it did not go above about -4C during the day and last Sunday morning was this inspiring as Chris, Lynne and I set off for the Walsden site, sorry our weekend walk.

Started off on Monday at Ferney Lee dividing a bed. The excess soil had to be removed, barrowed up the embankment railway side and tipped in a newly made bed. Mike and Glen are doing the latter above.

Mike's bed on this embankment is made from cut ash poles.

D is in front of the divided bed. How did this ridiculously wide, unworkable, raised bed come about then? Not Nick's fault. The contractors who demolished the building which was in this quadrangle built the bed. They're builders, what know or care they of horticulture: permaculture or organic? It's too bloody wide!

Person-hauling the spoil up the FJFT stairway to the embankment. I did some of this, honest, I did.

Moving on to Friday evening in Todmorden. It's started to thaw, therefore the pavements that have not been cleared are very slippy. We venture out.

I had not volunteered to do anything on the IET stall at yesterday evening's Todmas Market. Instead Chris, Lynne and I went along and just bought things: locally produced food and drink. It was great.

Mary & Debby up to something.


No comments:
Post a Comment