Thursday, 7 May 2009

Preparing for France

Chris volunteered to clean the roof of the van around midday. It took several hours to clean the whole of the outside. 


I am still not entirely satisfied with my cleaning results: streaks and polishing marks. 
It was more difficult to remove the bike rack than I had anticipated from what the fitter at Baldwins of Copley had explained. "You just lift it off the housing". A hammer was essential!
We have a Euro GB plate and will fit the headlight diffusers anon. A whole pile of safety gear has been purchased from Halfords of Halifax: high viz jackets, triangles and first aid stuff. Well, we are going to the Western Front of the Great War. Kate and Robert will accommodate us in their forward dressing station at Cartigny near Péronne, so the 86 metres of bandages Chris has purchased should come in. All this has been done on the advice of the wisest factsters on Motor Home Facts. French roads must be like a battlefield.
I was hoping we might relax with a bottle of red. 

No comments: