Thursday, 30 January 2014

It Is Grim 'Up North'



We are staying three nights in what are now called 'The Lakeland Peninsulas' and what I would still like to call the Furness District of Lancashire. We're at the Caravan Club's Meathop Fell site near Grange-over-Sands, which is such fun.
This morning we took the motorhome into Kendal so as to visit the Abbot Hall gallery, pictured above. No photos of Meathop fell as yet. I'm waiting for more rain and rutting of the verges - I've already got mud splattered up the off-side. And it's perishing cold.
We were both very impressed with the Caulfield show.
... But for me to walk into a room with Lowry dominating just proves why some clot would think he or she has to title the exhibits ' Not So Grim Up North'. These works make it look bloody desperate to me - a country of suicidal under-nourished badly-drawn half-wits.





No comments: