Sunday, 4 March 2012

Last Week

We had a busy day last Saturday. First we took Lynne's birthday present up to her. There are good views over the Walsden valley from her front window, especially on a clear day. Our house is a few minutes away, just by the church, but we don't have the wide angle view from the valley bottom.

We went to Dean Clough in Halifax and first had lunch in the café, then on to look round the galleries.
This painting grabbed my attention, but perhaps the main reason it's here is that I photographed it. I'm never sure if it's OK to photograph work in galleries if they don't explicitly tell you not to, so I tend to do it a bit serreptiously when I get the opportunity.
They had a large display of nudes by Douglas Binder who is the artist in residence there, and also the curator. Apparently he runs an open life drawing group on Mondays which I'm thinking I might try out.
Here's a lego construction of the Dean Clough complex
and here's the real thing
From Dean Clough we went to Halifax Tesco - a rare shopping experience for us. Then on to Gaby's, and then to Christian and Sarah's to drop of things we'd brought back from Dorset.
On Sunday we did our default walk along the canal
to IET's Walsden site, where John found the nut trees that have been heeled in to his raised bed.
On Monday Roger came to help John to re-surface the garden path (more of that in the next blog) I noticed the sheep in the cemetery but when I tried to capture them on my iPhone they ran away.

On Thursday I went into Hebden Bridge on the bus to go to the hairdresser. I took the photo below whilst waiting for the bus to go home. Going up on the left is Hangingroyd Road where I lived for my first six years in Hebden (1980 - 1986). (Chris)

No comments: