
Last Saturday I (Chris) went clothes shopping with Sophie-Anna in Manchester. In the Arndale there was a big crowd around outside Waterstones and Sophie-Anna saw a comedian inside, presumably for a book signing. She couldn't remember his name but said he was on The In Crowd and Never Mind the Buzzcocks. I didn't manage to see him but I did take this photo just in case the camera could see something that I couldn't.

The next day, Sunday, was Sophie-Anna's 14th birthday. I bought her a hat and here she is wearing it at Manchester Victoria station while we waited for the homeward train.

Recently they've been replacing the lock gates at our nearest lock. There are a few bicycles down there.

The carrots John's been growing at the Walsden site are fantastic.

Today I went for my pre-op assessment. First I had an ECG, then a lot of health related questions followed by blood pressure, height and weight checks. Also, a couple of swabs to check if I had MRSA. Everything (apart from the MRSA check which I'll hear about later if there is a problem) was OK.
Next step: I have a corneal graft in my left eye on 6th December. I have to report to the Day Procedure Unit at Halifax at 7.30 a.m. On the list of things to take is 'something to read'. I doubt this reflects an optimism about my immediate post transplant vision, more a general hint that they'll be a lot of sitting or lying around that could be boring without something to do. Actually, if I take my ereader and the lighting is good I should be able to read if there is time for it pre-transplant but afterwards, which is probably the boring bit, I doubt I will be able to read with one dodgy untreated eye and the other one presumably with a dressing on.
The photo above, to record for posterity my left eye before its corneal transplant, was taken of course with my eyePhone.
1 comment:
Good luck…
Post a Comment