Thursday, 29 July 2010

World Wide Photo Walk


Last Friday, July 23 we motorhomed to Cherry Valley Manor on the Lincolnshire Wolds ten miles from Cleethorpes. A rally and photo walk had been organised by Stew 'Artona', a leading Faxter. It was great weather for just about anything really. We meet some very helpful motorhomers who put us straight regarding LED lighting for the van and a replacement leisure battery. Fitting these will doubtless feature laters. I had not expected to have a crash lesson in reversing polarity and 'back voltage' from both Glenn and Stew's son Daniel, a forth year physics student.
During the first evening the motor drive on my auto-focus super zoom failed. So I shot with manual focusing, which was a testing discipline that I can't say I actually mastered.
This is Jessica the daughter of the Artonas who features in many a photo walk shot.
A 15 inch light railway graces the front for a mile or so. Typically of seaside railways the station disembarkation is reminisent of a still from Monsieur Hulot's Holiday.
This is Glenn who understands van electrical circuits walking through my shot.
This is Stew who understands photography walking through my shot.


This is Chris in a pretty obvious set-up.

No comments: