Last night we went to The Vedas restaurant in Todmorden for dinner with Bren & Marsha. It was their last night with us before motoring down to south London on the old A1. We all loved it and ate far too much! Then the torrential rain began just as we were leaving. It was 200 m from the restaurant to the car, but for the first time since 1963 I had left home without a waterproof and so was totally soaked, including my best blazer from Crabtree of Hebden Bridge. Why oh why on this particular night did I not heed the words of my aged relatives 'you'll catch pneumonia' - if you are not dressed in all-weather gear? The torrential rain has continued on and off for the next 24 hours.Over the last 24 hours 33 mm of rain has fallen on our garden. Previously during this summer if it rained at all we had about 4 mm a day.
Still, I picked 4lbs or a little under 2 k of raspberries this afternoon, between heavy showers.


1 comment:
Lovely, impressive crop of raspberries.
My absolute favourite fruit!
Post a Comment