Wednesday, 13 January 2010

How Green Is My Carpet?

Yesterday Colin and his mate from Lancashire & Yorkshire Flooring fitted the new carpet - excellent first class job. But is it green? I have photographed from various angles; at different ISO settings and apertures, however the results for the carpet are definitely less than accurate, or not what I see, whereas the colours of the other furniture are fairly good.

The old carpet and underlay were taken up by Piers and his mate on Sunday. They took it in a dead powerful 4x4 black contractor's pick-up to his mate's place. It'll be fine for the kids play room. Pier's mate John was saying that because of the freeze there was no concreting work to be done, so he's earned no money for a month as the jobs are laid-up for the duration of this freeze.
I wish I had the strength to throw rolls of 5x whatever metres of carpet around like these guys can. Hernia repair reminded me of its existence whilst moving furniture.

2 comments:

a said...

Green is notoriously difficult to reproduce, both on film and digital. It's due to the reflectance of the artificial green dyes…

Johnny said...

Thanks for that a! It's nice to know it's not entirely my fault.