Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Christine's New Headgear

Kathy and David left yesterday by rail from Hebden Bridge to Leeds then King's Cross, then St. Pancras to ... home. They report the journey was OK. Today's travel outlook is pretty grim: ten east coast London trains cancelled already. The 4x4s are doubtless 'struggling through'. But on their last morning Kathy did millinery.
Chris uses my Xmas present of a Victorian hand mirror to view the results.
They savour the moment.

I trust viewers noted the Harriet Barbers hung around the place. They are looking very good in this snow-enhanced light.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to explain that the night before leaving Kathy wanted something to do with her hands while watching TV. I provided some wool and she did some crocheting, which gradually turned into a kind of beret. Although I kept protesting that I don't wear hats (except to keep the sun out of my eyes) Kathy insisted on trying it on me to help with the 'design'. When it was finished she tried to give it to me as a present. I protested again, and added that orange is not my colour. We both agreed that her time and the wool would have been better used making a doll's blanket for Esme.

I still have the beret if anyone is interested!


Chris

Sarah Thompson said...

Dont show Sophie-Anna, you know what she is like with hats.x

Anonymous said...

Lol Sarah! She's welcome to it.

Chris

xxx

Sarah Thompson said...

Lol she wants it!!!