The current spell of fine weather began last week when we went with Lynne to visit Jude and Stan on the east coast of Yorkshire.
It was an exciting and interesting few days at their lovely home ever nearer the sea.
At various parts of Flamborough Head we could access the beach and view the wildlife.
The visit to Bempton RSPB reserve was worthwhile of course, but I was too intimidated by the size of the competitive lenses to try and photograph the sea birds on the cliffs. With my failing eyesight I could not make them out very clearly. I don't know how Chris got on.
Jude and Stan did a fair amount in their workshops on metal sculptures and ceramics. In fact, Jude gave Lynne and I a workshop tuition in glass (Lynne) and making a ceramic planter (me).
I'm looking forward to seeing the result after firing. Holes were cut out later. It will be dried and then fired. I will plant it up with suitable subjects.
Stan just about finished this piece by Sunday morning. It'll be going into their show later in the month.
The agriculture goes as near the cliff edge as is safe - north sea not very far to the right.








No comments:
Post a Comment