Monday, 9 November 2009

First Frost of Winter

I have done a lot of editorial elaboration on the post of October 20 Garden Maintenance and Re-orientation, which details the work to be undertaken before next Spring to improve various parts of the garden.


We awoke to the first proper frost of the winter this November morning when autumn is still with other respects - colours, some flowers. The tasks are ones of cutting down, shredding, potting up half-hardy plants for over-wintering in the greenhouse.

I've been reading up on garden shredders on FredintheShed website. I've the right shredder but the wrong blade so a new one has been ordered. Also I use it inappropriately, like to shred stuff it's not intended to shred.



Last rose of summer is Crown Princess Margaretta.

The Acer grosseri Davidii hersii is looking fine and should develop well in this position.


Here is the Sorbus kashmiriani which Jude gave me as a 60th birthday present. Growing very slowly but beautiful.

No comments: