Monday, 20 April 2009

Bikes and an Adder

On 14 April we went on the cycle ride to the heath.
A trip of approximately 0.5k from the CL brought the girls onto the reserve. I walked of course as the old gammy leg was still playing up. No cycling for Johnny. I promised them a bear hunt. We did see deer. The same pair circling us over kilometres in what seemed a few minutes. There were several injuries to the party. Sophie-Anna came off worst. Three-quarter pants - gorse, a bad combination. Blaming the gorse doesn't really help and we had nothing to really sooth what must have stung quite a lot.
This adder came off even worse. OK I've now seen an adder, but only like I've seen too many dead badgers and foxes on the roads of Dorset. 


Christine is reading a motor home magazine and learning about waste disposal using a new system. We certainly need one. I am fed up with crawling under that thing to empty the waste water tank. The tap sticks. If the site is level, the tank will not drain quickly and our receptacles are both basic and inadequate to the task. A radical waste disposal re-think is needed at the highest level.

No comments: