Monday, 18 November 2013

North Yorkshire

It's ages since there's been a post on this blog. Today 18 November we drove down to what I call London and are resident at the Abbey Wood Caravan Club site. This trip is for Chris's appointment to see her ophthalmic surgeon at Kings. A check-up visit only. However we intend to visit galleries and such in town and see our wonderful friends Kathy and David.
Then we'll motor on to Dorset for the christening of Maeve and Dorelia, which will be very nice. 
However before I report on all of that there's some filling in to do. On 14 September we went to North Yorkshire for a short weekend break thing, visiting Harewood House before staying in a pub car park in Adingham. The meal was OK. It was followed by a sort of local Dylan tribute band of ancient geezers. Chris enjoyed it very much. I was too upset to pay much attention, having recently ruined the near side skirting of the Knaus motorhome. On turning left into the pub car park I ripped the ridiculously low and bulbous skirt of this van on a jutting out piece of Yorkshire pavement. So I really have fallen out with the Knaus.
 So photos on an ancient iPhone before all that happened of Harewood house on a perfect autumn afternoon.
 It's important when commissioning 'Capability' Brown to do your landscaping to make sure that you own all you survey. It must be a very nice feeling to look south west across that landscape and know you own it, a well as being in line for the throne of the whole damn country.
But you still need to make a quid or two and running weddings under the new Thatcherite dispensation is a winner.

No comments: