Christine with her cousin Denise and husband Roy just before leaving for Falconwood on Friday afternoon. She was already feeling a bit FLS, but this has developed steadily through to Sunday and Chris is now laid-up. We are postponing the trip to France, not least because of the very unseasonable heavy snow, through which I do not wish to drive, again, having had it on return from what I call London.
On Friday we stayed over-night at a Traveloge thing near Grantham. On arriving home at 11.42 a.m. yesterday, Saturday, we found Lynne, who isn't very well, digging a path on our drive so that the car could be garaged. After sending Chris indoors, we both continued to shovel snow. It was still difficult to reverse the car in after our best efforts as the snow was well-packed by now.
The main roads are reasonably passable with care, so in the evening Chris and I went by car to the Milton Jones performance in Halifax at the Victoria. It was rather good. The tickets were a birthday present from Gaby. Chris prolly should have stayed home. The theatre was cold and draughty and I'm sure the audience around row E would not want FLS.
By the by, we did consider bus travel (last through return leaving before end of show) and train (bus replacement service between Hebden and Halifax due to signal failure at Hebden).





No comments:
Post a Comment