
Much of our time in the last few weeks has been spent putting drops in my eyes. Since my last post-op appointment on 20th Dec I've had to use three different kinds of drops a total of 16 times a day. Fortunately the anti-biotic drops I was taking have been discontinued as the graft has healed sufficiently to not be at risk of infection. Nor much improvement in my vision yet though. Apart from that I'm fine - next appointment on 5th January.

Last week we had a delivery of logs. Here's the truck from Grangewood Fuels backing in to our drive.

Here's the load: two cubic meters of seasoned hardwood. John stacked this in the garage, having made room for it by taking all the existing logs down to stack in the 'greenhouse' on the previous day. This was a total of about 7 hours work. I would have helped, of course, but I'm not allowed to do 'heavy lifting'.

John has also been busy putting up decorations.

At the time the plan was that Dan, Harriet, Dory and Maeve would be coming for Christmas. That's our excuse for our slightly OTT efforts, including a couple of hanging fairies.

Downstairs in the study we have a 'proper' tree,

and John has been decking the pictures with boughs of holly from the garden. There is ivy too.

Tonight, Christmas eve, we went for the first time to the carol singing in Hebden Bridge. We arrived to Ding, Dong Merrily on High, stayed for Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fidelis to me) and left as they started singing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. It was absolutely bucketing down.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
No comments:
Post a Comment