
Gaby's birthday present for John was a voucher for dinner for two at Moyles plus two tickets for a film at Hebden Bridge Picture House. So, last Friday John had the Sea Bass on a risotto and I had Smoked Haddock and a poached egg with Colcannon. Then we both went to see Wuthering Heights. Recommended. Great time, thanks Gabs.

This is BT's Home Hub. The orange light in the middle should be glowing blue. BT sent us the Hub on Tuesday 29th November ready for our changeover to them as our broadband provider. The change should have happened on 3oth but it didn't. Piecing together the various bits of information and misinformation we accumulated from many, many service centre calls over several days it appears that: (1) the engineering side didn't make the connection until 2nd December and, (2) the Home Hub they sent us was faulty. The said they'd send us another Hub which was due to arrive on Tuesday 6th December. This just happened to be the day of my operation.

John took me to the hospital at the appointed time of 7.30. My corneal graft took place sometime between 12.30 and 13.45. Here is a heavily cropped (i.e. censorsed) version of me when I was still very much under the influence of whatever they used to knock me out. The graft was very successful according to the surgeon, though at this stage my vision in the left eye is virtually nil. It should improve over the next 3 months or so.
They kept me in overnight, took the dressing off the next morning and discharged me into John's capable care with two lots of eye drops, which have to be applied every two hours during the day. It took me until the following morning to feel I'd really recovered from the anaesthetic and there was still lots of lying around to be done as the graft was not stitched on but held in place by an air bubble which gradually disperses over 5 or so days. During this time it works better if I'm flat on my back.
The Hub did arrive and John set it up while I was in hospital. There have been one or two glitches since, mainly relating to email and the use of my domain name. At the moment I'm continuing to use chris@dellen.me.uk and emails are reaching me. My new BT email address is chris.dellen45@btinternet.com John has been busy informing people of his BT email address.
2 comments:
Get well soon.
Love Sarah.xx
Thanks Sarah. I'm doing quite well at the moment.
Chris
Post a Comment