Friday, 4 March 2011

Behold this compost! Behold it well.


Yeah well Danny, thanks for the quote.
I should take my own advice and turn the compost more often - even regularly. The compost in the metre cube wooden bin is well composted. The material in the black plastic tubs somewhat less so, but then it is newer. What has not rotten well at all is the shredded bamboo. I'm spreading the compost on the beds and this year there may be just enough to go round. I've added fish, blood and bone fertiliser to each barrow load.



This morning I went to Walsden and helped put down wood chip to make paths to one of the gated entrances. Nick has built up the secure metal store he bought real cheap on ebay. It looked like a lot of heavy and detailed work. Also he collected the first instalment of the polytunnel and we unloaded it from his wagon.
In the afternoon we saw our financial adviser. Within the Winterthur package, money was moved from a 'steady eddie' investment to a more bouncy European one. Overall the investments are performing reasonably except for the Norwich Union, but it is a capital guaranteed bond. So at least I should get my money back in two years even though performance at t he moment is negative.

No comments: