We went to Wells on the 126 from Weston. It was a sunny Spring day. There was a market in the square near the cathedral. I had forgotten all the architectural history I had learnt and so Wells cathedral came as a super surprise.




These lads who can't be more than 16 were playing R&B in the high street and it was rather good. Like numbers one actually knew such as Sweet Home Chicago.
When we returned to our van at Rodney Stoke Inn, I went for a walk up a lane leading into the Mendips because I had noticed on our road map that there was some kind of nature reserve up there. Certainly was: a National Nature Reserve - permit holders only admitted. I wasn't so pressed on up the very steep track. When the land became open Downs I found myself in a field of orchids. Wonderful.
Next there was the largest patch of cowslips I have seen in England.
Returning at around 19.00hrs the light was excellent.
We must return to see this nature reserve properly. I'll try to have a permit next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment