Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Naming The Alpines






I spent some time photographing the alpines with their full botanical names on display for the purposes of record keeping according to the new GQT method of Ann Swithenbank. One keeps a database list of names, locations, photos and comments. One removes the old-fashioned physical labels, especially those with the price and nursery on! So I'm moving in that direction. It will also involve creating a plan of the garden and I've made a start on that, but it's rather crude because frankly I don't really know how to draw a plan.
You can prolly tell that I tired of that kind of objectivity and resorted to normal photos. The Omphelodes and Epimediums are looking very fine.
It's also occurring to me that I ought to maintain here some kind of record of my IET activities and thoughts as it is taking up more of my time. It is also fun and exciting.


No comments: