Friday, 27 March 2009

Sprained Ankle



I sprained my ankle on Tuesday 24 March. I was walking to the car opposite the chippy on Manor Heath, Halifax. Two passers-by helped in various ways and Chris drove home. We had Ez that day and had enjoyed a lovely time at the park playing on swings and slides. Ez loves going round the hot houses to see fish, turtles, birds and butterflies.

This sprain does not seem quite so bad as that of October 2002 (?). I think the reason for that is very prompt action: ice pack; elevation of limb; then compression of affected area. It's the recommended RICE procedure and seems to work. Now we have the rather slower re-hab physio work (the 'E' for exercise in RICE).
So, I'm off to the physio later this morning.

1 comment:

Sarah, Christian and Sophie-Anna said...

oooh that looks painful. Get well soon John.