Tuesday, 4 September 2012
I can have new glasses!!!!!
No, not the sunglasses in the pic, though they are relatively new.
I had an appointment with my consultant last week and he said my eye had settled enough to have a new prescription. This is great news as it's less than four months since the successful corneal graft and the waiting period for a prescription can be up to a year or eighteen months. I've booked an optician's appointment for 15th September but we're off to Lincoln the following weekend then on from there to France so I won't be able to collect my glasses with the new lens until after we get home on the 11th or 12th October, Until then I'll carry on without my glasses. Without glasses I have goodish vision in my left eye up close (about 6 inches) so I can read, but my distance vision is not so good, about the same as any other short sighted person not wearing their glasses I suppose.
My right, as yet untreated eye, is longsighted and the difference between the two does cause some problems so I find I often close my right eye when needing to see as clearly as possible. I did ask the consultant about whether I can have a partial graft on my right eye and he said at our next appointment, on 5th November, we can discuss the what, when, where and who of the next operation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Excellent news, Bob and Liz
Post a Comment