The Hymer has had a trying few weeks
First, because I wouldn't listen to the Lowdham's fitter who had just cracked the moulding of it's skylight, I ignored his warning that there may be a vehicle battery fault. It was not holding its charge. So weeks later when we wanted to go out the battery was totally flat and the Hymer had to be ignominiously towed away to Central Garage Todmorden for a new battery.
At 12.58 today I noticed the graffiti in blue on the front, bonnet or hood of the vehicle. A 'tag' maybe of the notorious Walsden Boys. A relative had their car scratched recently whilst parked in the church car parking. 'A link Sherlock' I cried as Chris dialled the constabulary. Chris read the police twitter feed @UpperValleyNPT which revealed that an 18 year old Rochdale man had just been charged with criminal damage committed this morning to houses and vehicles along nearby Rochdale Rd. So another possible link??
I was really concerned to find out if the paint could be DIY removed quickly as we're off to Chatsworth on Wednesday and the Caravan Club prolly don't allow vandalised vans on site. Anyway it would look pretty damned silly at the Lincoln show next weekend!
Imagine my delight when following instructions gleaned from an Internet posting the paint came off easily.
So if this happens to you go
I used the petrol method ... and cleaned and waxed it very well afterwards.

No comments:
Post a Comment