
We've just had a couple of nights away at Southport


Our campsite was the other side of this lake

It was a small 'certificated site' at a scout activity centre.

I wanted to re-visit the Walker gallery in Liverpool and Southport was a good place from which to do that. I've been the the Liverpool Tate a few times but have only been to the Walker once before, on my 2005 60th birthday trip with Kathy and David (as well as John).

Nothing was said about not taking photos, but I tried to be discreet with my iPhone.



A not very Fauvist looking Vlaminck: 'Environs of Rouen'

An Augustus John: 'Two Jamaican Girls'

I can't remember who the artist is but this is painted in tempera.

We left the gallery at closing time

and made our way back to Moorfields station

taking lots of photos on the way.

These are mine, (Chris's) hopefully John will put some of his up later.

Moorfields station looked remarkably like the London Underground

It was even on the Northern Line.

The next day we went to Martin Mere,

a conservation centre run by the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust.

It certainly was pretty wild and wet, so after an initial look around I spent some relaxing in the van while John went back to explore some more. He'll have more photos soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment