We did arrive home safely though very tired. Welcomed by Potzo the cat, he has now gone into what I think they call 'over-vocalising', like a very noisy version of 'over-grooming'. He wakes me at 4 a.m. and takes about two hours to settle down what with cuddles, food and door opening and shutting -because he is a cat who can go through one catflap but not two. He is not to be ignored, sitting on my chest in bed with his front paws/claws on my throat. But, he is an old, frail, vulnerable cat. Fortunately, Chris can sleep through all this racket. Well she had experience bringing up two boys and a girl.
Chris has been to the Halifax fracture clinic twice and has been discharged. The wrist brace was taken off and not put on again. The right wrist is healing nicely, no dressings are required and she is now regaining use of it through exercises making movements which she had been told not to do until the brace was off. One of the first things she tried was driving the car and that went fine.
I have been torn between gardening and sorting out things to do with the motorhome. Lowdhams are to do the sun roof repair at the end of June. The awning has been accepted by Aviva as an 'accident' and a new one will be fitted by C&S Caravans (Accrington) shortly. They will also repair a rear applied GRP pillar on the motorhome which, again, is the subject of wear-and-tear so not covered. On encouragement from various people I decide to write a letter to Knaus asking them to have regard to their reputation for excellence and customer service in the hope they might help out financially with the repair, estimated by Lowdhams at £3250.
A very bright interlude was the long weekend of Dan, Rachel and the girls (plus Esmé) staying. Sleeping arrangement were a bit pushed I thought especially for Maeve who had a bad cold - which she managed to share with me (cough, splutter). We all went to Go Ape in Rivington near Bolton. I really enjoyed it this time because it was sunny and warm.
I've spent some time dealing with the mal-functioning Petzval lens which had to be returned to Vienna. A new one arrived yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it. Obviously as soon as the lens arrived it had to start raining.
Our house has now been on the market with a different estate agent and at a reduced price. There is still no interest, even in viewing the place.
We've been over to Gaby and Mark's new house in Huddersfield and helped a bit in the garden.
These two photos show the patch-repair effected by Dépann80 (get the rhyme) that flapped noisily from Abbeville to Walsden. But it did not come off of the van.
I did the gaffering tape internally in Rochester. Jan kindly helped me put on externally a layer of new visqueen. Now it does not flap noisily and seems pretty water repellant.
Last bank holiday weekend Ez joined the Dorsettiers. She, intent on raft building ...
... Dory at looking into the camera lens when asked.
Chris in the last week of wearing the brace. When it finally came off we took out the two rigid aluminium plates and washed the sturdy, but dirty fabric body.
"This is Bob and we are its hairdressers." That's what Esmé said.
I've no photos of Going Ape so these of our walk around Heptonstall will have to do. We are over-looking the Colden Valley at this point with 'Hell Hole' rocks below.
Stoodley Pike is on the horizon.
Above can clearly be seen the crushing of our van's awning cassette, by illegitimate poor driving.
Just before the rains re-started I thought I would cut the fully-opened herbaceous peonies and photograph the splendid Peony rockii.
Below is what I call Nectaroscordum. It is not an allium - or apiaceae , but it would be hard to say it doesn't look like an umbellifer. Very useful 'architectural' bulb.













No comments:
Post a Comment