Sunday, 17 February 2013


Dory, Maeve, Danny and Harriet came to stay the weekend. Today we all went on a trip: first to Hebden Bridge to see Nina's new gallery (Illustrated Word) in Lee's Yard. We met Elissia Grace who had just delivered her ceramics for display and sale. She has recently graduated in design.


Then we were off by train to Bradford. We were lucky enough to ride on a real train out of Blackpool via Preston and bound for York. What a remarkably better trip than the appalling experience of a class A142 'Pacer'.
After lunch at the Kashmir we headed for Forster Sq via the town hall, which seemed to be inundated, then forward to Saltaire. Danny took many much nicer photos on his iPhone and I hope he's posted them. I was running out of electricity and hence took few.
I think Maeve and Dorelia eventually managed to enjoy Salts Mill when ices and milk shakes appeared along with Sophie-Anna. It was really nice of Christian and Sarah to drive over for just an hour or so.

No comments: