Right, so, the autofocus on the Nikkor 18-200 mm super zoom failed over a month ago at a Faxters' rally - remember? Well, Jacobs the camera chain sent it to some mender and it isn't back yet. So as we're going motorhoming in France from next Friday, yesterday I accompanied Chris to Manchester to purchase, if I could, a second-hand lens.I went to the London Camera Exchange in Piccadilly, to be served by Sebastian Banach, a mon-syllabic East European sales person, who assumed too high a knowledge of optics on the part of his prospective clientele, I suspect. These first two photos are me just trying out different lenses, which obviously you can with digital and then immediately compare the results.
I bought for £179 a Sigma 17-70 mm 1: 2.8-4.5 autofocus zoom. Been very happy with the Sigma macro, so I was fairly confident about the purchase. And below I tried it out that very afternoon.

I rushed back to show Chris my new thingy, but she was in THE BIGGEST LINGERIE DEPARTMENT IN MANCHESTER! I needed a cup of tea and fast. Chris and the utterly enchanting facilities of the Arndale were there to help me recover my composure before boarding the down train.

I rushed back to show Chris my new thingy, but she was in THE BIGGEST LINGERIE DEPARTMENT IN MANCHESTER! I needed a cup of tea and fast. Chris and the utterly enchanting facilities of the Arndale were there to help me recover my composure before boarding the down train.


No comments:
Post a Comment